Monday, October 10, 2011

"The Worlds Largest Halloween Party!" "NOT!!!"

What a bunch of crap, how in the world has this thing made it to a 30 year anniversary!! Wow all I can say is WOW. Ok yesterday I took my two daughters to the Louisville Zoo for their so called Worlds Largest Halloween Party. This was our first visit and our last visit. Upon arriving there my expectations where high. All the children (and some parents) in their costumes, holding their oversized trick or treat bags. You could see the excitement in their eyes. Little did they know that their excitement would be gone by the end of their visit. The lines where long but moved very quickly. Tickets where $8 at the window, but you could have purchased them at Meiger for $6.50. Instead of parking miles away and waiting for the free shuttle we decided to park at the zoo. Oh yeah they charge 5 bucks for that, SMH. On the website they state that some of the animal exhibits are not guaranteed to be open beyond dusk. Well hell I seen a zebra, a giraffe, and 2 monkeys. Now what would it have hurt to have the animals out forth publics viewing. Again SMDH!! As we where making our way through the park there where little booths set up where they passed out the candy. Each child received 1 piece of candy. Yes I said 1 piece of candy. Not the good candy either. More like penny candy! I didn't see no one Milky Way, Snicker, Twix at all. Not even Milk Duds! Yes there where characters from several movies and t.v show, basically they where workers and volunteers dress in costumes with make up and paint. There was one large blow up dinosaur that was just that a blow up dinosaur. I think the most fun thing there was the maze that was made out of bales of hay. So here we are making our way around and collecting their one piece of candy and then BAM! It's over. You back at the exit. What?!! You have to be kinding me, I mean really! My kids collected a grand total of 15 pieces of small candy and got their picture taken with batman, sherk, and the scarecrow. All these big name sponors that are named and this is the end result. The Louisville Zoo should be ashamed and totally revamp, "The Worlds Largest Halloween Party"!!


No comments:

Post a Comment